Although Minecraft PE Maps aren’t an officially supported feature, you can easily install Minecraft PE maps on Android devices. Before you begin, please read all the steps as well as the disclaimers at the end of the guide.
What You Will Need
- Your Android Device with Minecraft PE
- File Commander – File Manager (a free download from your App store)
Downloading Maps on Android Devices
- Find the Map which you wish to install on your device
- Click the blue Download button
- The file has been saved to the Downloads folder on your device
Using a Minecraft PE Map on an Android Device
- Open File Commander
- In the left navigation bar, click on Internal storage
- In the main pane, click on Downloads
- Find the Map you downloaded and click on it
- On the next screen, click the three dots to the right of the Map name and select the Extract to option
- Click the back arrow until you are back at the Internal storage folder
- Go to the folder Games > com.mojang > minecraftWorlds
- Click to Ok button to install the Map
Playing a Minecraft PE Map You Have Installed
- Open Minecraft PE on your iOS Device
- Click Play
- From the Worlds Tab select the Map you installed (note: the Map may not have the same name as you are expecting as Maps can be named by their creator)
- You can now play the Map you installed
- This method is not supported by Microsoft, Mojang, Google, Amazon or any device manufacturer.
- At MCPE HQ we use this method to install Maps on iOS, but provide no support whatsoever to others who chose to do so.
- This method, although largely harmless, does have you access the file system on your iOS device. Modifying files or folders, or deleting files or folders could harm your device.
Last Updated Aug 13, 2016