The summon command spawns (creates) an entity in Minecraft PE. The command was first added to Minecraft PE in version 0.16.0. In addition to creating an entity, the entity’s spawn point can be specified if desired.
/summon <entityType: string> [spawnPos: x y z]
- <entityType: string>
- The entity to summon (spawn) expressed as an entity id
- [spawnPos: x y z] (optional)
- The x, y and z coordinates where the summoned entity should manifest.
- Tilde notation (~) can be used as to reference the player’s current location.
- Success: The entity is summoned. If a valid location is provided, the entity spawns at those coordinates. If no spawn position is specified, the entity is summoned at the x, y, z coordinates of the summoner.
- Failure: If the command is malformed or lacks a valid entity no entity is summoned.
- To use the summon (or any other command) in Minecraft PE cheats must be enabled.
Summon a blaze at your current location
Summon a ghast at 10, 80, 111
/summon ghast 10 80 111
Summon tnt to 194, 153, 900
/summon tnt 194 153 900
Summon an enderman to your current location
- Introduced: 0.16.0